UH Ventures announces inaugural Ventures Fellowship Program
APPLICATION DEADLINE: rolling through July 31, 2020
UH Ventures is pleased to invite early-career physicians, pharmacists, and/or nurses to be a part of a first-of-its kind fellowship to learn what it takes to be a clinician innovator. University Hospitals recognizes the need for its clinicians to engage early and often in medical innovation in order for us to advance the field for future generations. While many clinicians are eager to participate, they are also understandably consumed by the daily demands of patient care, or lack the training and language needed to jump in and shape the direction of medical devices, diagnostics, health IT and digital health. This fellowship therefore aims to provide the time, the tools, and the network needed for you to make an innovative impact throughout your career in medicine.
UH Ventures is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and is therefore committed to welcoming its class of Ventures Fellows from under-represented populations, as well as to ensuring that the content and experience reflects our belief that medical innovation needs to account for all races, cultures, economic statuses, and backgrounds in our community.
What can I expect in my 12-months as a Ventures Fellow?
What are the qualifications to apply?
What is the review process? XXXX
How many Fellows will be selected? XXX
What is the timeline? XXXX
Proposal Requirements (to be combined into a single PDF for submission):
1. Cover Page
- Names and affiliations of PI, Co-Investigators, and collaborators
2. Strategy (2 page total limit).
Required Elements include:
- Rationale: Identify and describe a defect in value
- Impact: Describe the potential impact of this defect in value on patients
- Overall goal: Design an intervention for eliminating that defect – i.e. identify the desired behavior change for providers or patients or care managers
- Data Sources and Analytical Support: Identify which components of UH Population Health data assets you would need to access and the appropriate analyst from your service line that would assist with analytics
- Study Team: Describe the study team and their expertise that is needed for the success of the eliminating the proposed defect in value.
- Intervention: Describe the behavior want to change to eliminate the defect and develop an intervention to change that behavior. Create measure of performance of the behavior that can be given back to clinicians.
- Evaluation: Describe how you will measure the impact on the behavior you seek to change (process) prioritizing the use of understandable metrics for success, for example reduction in ED visits, reduction in hospital admissions, etc. and how this project will improve value.
- Timeline and Milestones: Using a 6-month timeframe, describe the timeline for your project and your milestones. If there are potential roadblocks or concerns with accomplishing your milestones, please address them in this section.
3. Email validation of Chair and/or Institute Director Support
4. Submit application using the below form by July 31, 2020, and direct any questions to Kristin Waite firstname.lastname@example.org