October 30, 2019 | 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Cleveland Medical Center, Lerner Tower 11th Floor, Ruhlman Conference Center
Featured Keynote Address: Martin Hoke, Former US Congressman, President & Founder, RhinoSystems
WHAT IS INNOVATION DAY?
ENT Innovation Day was created to celebrate ongoing innovation efforts within University Hospitals’ Ear, Nose, & Throat Institute and to ignite new solutions to improve the way we work and the way we care for our patients. Innovation Day includes a keynote from a nationally renowned speaker, pitches from some of the most cutting edge startups, and recognition of the innovators within ENT that are committed to advancing patient care to new limits. This year, Innovation Day is looking for University Hospitals employees who have an idea that fall within the categories of (1) ENT Devices, (2) Provider-to-Provider Communication (3) Patient Access, and (4) Patient Engagement and Communication. These focus areas are described in more detail below.
NOW ACCEPTING INNOVATION SUBMISSIONS!
The deadline to submit is October 7, 2019. The submission form can be found here.
The top three submissions will receive $5,000 to further develop, protect, commercialize and implement their idea and the opportunity to present their idea at the 2019 ENT Innovation Day on October 30. Ideas can be submitted which are in any level of development, and do not need to be long, complex or fully developed. All submitted ideas will be reviewed by UH Ventures and our ENT leaders and the top ideas will be awarded with funds to help further develop the proposed idea.
2019 INNOVATION DAY FOCUS AREAS
The below themes have been identified as distinct areas of opportunities for innovation for the ENT Institute. We ask that all ideas align to one of the below focus areas.
- ENT Devices – How might we build new tools for preventing, diagnosing, and treating ENT conditions? More specifically how might we introduce more tools for remotely monitoring our patients?
- Provider-to-Provider Communication – How might we innovate around best practices or technologies for sharing critical patient information among our clinicians? Specifically, how might we share endoscopy images within the ENT institute and other institutes at UH?
- Patient Access – How might we offer new avenues for delivering patient care? For example, how might we coordinate Virtual Care for post operative Head and Neck Cancer patients?
- Patient Engagement & Communication – How might we create new mechanisms for communicating with our patients? More specifically, how might we leverage asynchronous methods via text messages, email, or mobile apps?
STRENGTHEN YOUR SUBMISSION BY USING THESE RESOURCES
Below are a few tools that the UH Ventures team created to help your innovation submission stand out from the rest. You can find all of our resources here.
- UH Ventures Health Voyagers Podcast Series: 3 Tips for Making your Innovation Submission Stand Out. LISTEN
- UH Ventures Innovation Handbooks: Sharing your Idea with UH Ventures. DOWNLOAD
Need help? Contact one of the following UH Ventures team members or our general email address at Ideas@UHhospitals.org.
Dhanesh Shah, Senior Portfolio Manager, UH Ventures
Kip Lee, Managing Director, UH Ventures
Matthew Zenker, Lead Innovation Strategist, UH Ventures